Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Vote NO On Bailouts!

Today I went and did it. I got involved. I exercised my Constitutional right to speak to my elected representatives about proposed legislation. I emailed the message copied below to my U.S. Senators for California, Sen. Dianne Feinstein and Sen. Barbara Boxer:

Sen. Feinstein / Boxer, I am writing to ask you to vote NO on Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's financial bailout plan. This plan will enrich Secretary Paulson's Wall Street cronies and reward their greed and incompetence. Adding over $700 billion to our national debt will make future Americans poorer and hold our nation hostage to the foreign central banks and sovereign wealth funds that have become our creditors. Holding the American taxpayer responsible for a financial mess caused by private indebtedness will destroy the free enterprise system that has made America prosperous.

Please vote NO on any and all bailouts.

Sincerely,

Anthony J. Alfidi
San Francisco, CA

I also sent a similar email message to my Congresswoman for the 12th District of California, Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA). I took these actions because I believe in free market capitalism and the future financial solvency of my country, the United States of America. Feel free to do likewise, if you care about freedom.