Monday, January 12, 2009

News Flash: Alfidi Capital Gives the Finger to Wall Street

This is hot off the presses. Finger length is a factor in financial success:

The length of a man's ring finger may predict his success as a financial trader. Researchers at the University of Cambridge in England report that men with longer ring fingers, compared to their index fingers, tended to be more successful in the frantic high-frequency trading in the London financial district.


The good news is that my ring fingers on both hands are longer than my index fingers, so apparently my fetal exposure to androgen leads me to tolerate higher risk and display more confidence. The bad news is that long ring-fingered financiers can be hampered when engaging in more analytical, long-term approaches. Most people I know have described me as stolidly cerebral. I'll just have to be the exception to that analytical handicap.

I've always wanted to give the finger to the Wall Street firms who wouldn't hire me to invest for them. Now I have a scientific justification for doing so.