Monday, June 21, 2010

Refreshing The Alpha-D For July '10

A fairly uneventful June has passed, as far as my portfolio is concerned anyway.  My GDX holdings went through the strike price of the covered call options I had that expired last Friday, so I bought back almost all of them today.  The small amount of GDX I didn't buy back will be subject to a long-term capital gain.  Fine with me, as the cash I reaped will be available for any undervalued equities I notice.

I sold covered calls on GDX, FXI, and TDW.

I also sold cash-covered puts on the three tickers mentioned.

I maintain my tiny positions in long puts against IYR and LMT, betting on declines in real estate and defense at some point fairly soon.

Here's a final word on undervalued equities.  I'd like to add SCHW, KEX, and FLIR to my long positions because they have excellent fundamentals.  I'm just waiting for very attractive prices.  I'm all about patience.