Friday, April 20, 2012

Stevia First (STVF) Needs To Make Money First

The Chuck Hughes Microcap Report sent me a teaser for Stevia First (STVF).  The name rang a bell, so I checked my archives to see if I'd blogged about this one before.  It turns out that I had written about a similarly-named company back in December 2011.  I don't repeat myself but sometimes I rhyme.  This one's different, but with similar enough prospects.

Stevia First started as something called Legend Mining.  The very last thing Legend Mining did before changing its name to Stevia First was lease an office from their CEO's wife, according to their Oct. 11, 2011 8-K.  I shouldn't have to tell you that they achieved zero success as a mining company, but their 2011 annual report tells you so anyway.  They're not achieving any success selling stevia sweetener either; they've had no revenue since changing their corporate mission, they've depleted their cash, and they've increased their liabilities.

The management team of Stevia First looks kind of familiar.  They are the living connections between OncoSec Medical (which I analyzed last month), Inovio Pharmaceuticals, and Stevia First.  None of these firms are making any money.  I would like to hear this crew explain how they will succeed across the entire spectrum of their endeavors.  I won't hold my breath.

Interestingly enough, Chuck Hughes also pumps the similarly-named stock I checked out last December.  He can have it, along with all the stevia he can swallow.

Full disclosure:  No positions at all in STVF or any other companies mentioned, thankfully.